Back to Blog
Become a Memorial Day Grill Master!
The best way to celebrate Memorial Day is with a good old-fashioned American cookout! Many people want to commemorate the beginning of grilling season by hosting a barbecue at home. Unfortunately, most of us have spent a few months away from the grill!
Ensure that you're prepared for your Memorial Day BBQ with our list of grilling essentials! With these tips in mind, you'll be guaranteed to have a great Memorial Day.
Essential BBQ Tools
• Before you get grilling this Memorial Day, make sure you have all of your fundamental grilling tools on hand. Whether you have a propane or charcoal grill, make sure that the grill itself is in working order before preparing dinner. Double-check that you have enough propane or charcoal briquettes, too!
• Invest in a few high-quality utensils before grilling season gets underway. Be sure to purchase a high-quality spatula, preferably one made from metal or silicone. A good pair of long-handled grilling tongs will make grilling easier. Many grilling utensil sets also come with a grilling fork. Though there's nothing wrong with using a grilling fork, it's often better to use the spatula or tongs. Piercing meats with a grilling fork often leads to a loss of juices. Pro Tip: For meat that's moist and tender, use the other grilling utensils instead.
• There are dozens of other tools that can improve the quality of your grilling experience. Make sure to have a roll of aluminum foil on hand, particularly if you plan to prepare fish or vegetables over the grill. Make sure that you have a clean stiff-wire grill brush for cleaning scraps off of your grill grates after every barbecuing session. For charcoal grills, consider purchasing a chimney starter to make it easier to light up your grill. Last but not least, remember to stock up on paper towels to make the clean-up process fast and easy.
• If you're feeling forgetful, simply print out this comprehensive grilling checklist. With this helpful guide, you'll be sure to remember everything you need for your upcoming cookout!
Grilling Pro Tips
• Pre-heat your grill for 15-20 minutes before you begin cooking. This will ensure that your grill will be at the proper temperature when it's time to begin your barbecue. Note that high heat is between 400 and 450 degrees, medium heat is between 300 and 350 degrees, and low heat is between 250 and 300 degrees. By heating your grill ahead of time, the foods you grill will remain moist and tender and won't stick to your grill's grates.
• Many of us find it challenging to guess how long to grill a certain cut of meat. Whether you're cooking chicken breasts, salmon, hamburgers or zucchini, this grilling cheat sheet will make it easier for you to time your meal.
• Keep your grill clean! A tidy grill produces better-tasting food and reduces the risk of your grill catching on fire. Use a stiff-wire grill brush to scrape off your grill after every use. If you don't have a grill brush available, a wad of aluminum foil can also be used to remove blackened scraps from your grill grates. For optimal cleanliness, clean your whole grill with soap and water at least once a year.
Memorial Day Dinner Classics
• Stick to the basics for Memorial Day! Everyone loves a traditional hot dog and hamburger cookout! By preparing these BBQ staples, you can spend less time grilling and more time eating, laughing, and enjoying the warm weather with your family and friends.
• Prepare some vegetables to accompany your main dish. Corn on the cob is an excellent choice, as are zucchini, asparagus, tomatoes, peppers and onions. If you're feeling adventurous, make a grilled vegetable salad for you and your guests to enjoy.
• Throw an additional side dish into the mix! Baked beans are one of the most popular cookout staples. Cornbread and coleslaw are also long-standing cookout favorites. If you're looking for something more filling, consider preparing some foil-wrapped potatoes over the grill!
Roundin’ Up the Beef at Isle® Casino Pompano Park!
May is National Beef Month, and there's no better way to celebrate than by visiting your favorite restaurants at Isle Casino Pompano Park. Enjoy juicy tenderloin steaks, mouth-watering briskets, and more during May's Roundin’ Up the Beef promotion.
Here are just a few of the Sizzlin' Specials that you won't want to miss!
• At Myron's® Delicatessen - Grilled NY Strip Dinner, served with baked potato, side salad, warm roll, and butter
• At Bexpress® - Hot Chicago-Style Beef Sandwich
• At Farmer's Pick Buffet® - Many options, including:
All Day Specials:
Farm House Burger: with gruyere cheese, caramelized onions, fried egg and garlic aioli
Cuban Burger: Swiss cheese, shredded beef, pickles, crispy plantain chips and mojo aioli
Grille Station: Rib-eye steaks, blackened tenderloin bites, beef liver & onions, and more!
Dozens of other delectable beef options at the Carving Station, Pizza Station, Italian Station, Sandwich Station, Asian Station and Favorites Station!
Check out the full Roundin’ Up the Beef menu to discover more appetizing lunch and dinner specials.
Whether you seek a terrific meal or an evening of world-class entertainment, you'll be sure to find what you're looking for at Isle Casino Pompano Park. Stop by soon to enjoy a great night of dining, gaming and fun!