3 Fourth of July Recipes to Wow Your Crowd
Here’s a healthy and tasty appetizer you can serve while heating up the grill and flipping the burgers. The dip can be made one day ahead and brought to room temperature before serving.
Start to finish: 45 minutes
Serves: 4 (or more as an appetizer portion)
1 cup canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1/4 cup low-fat plain yogurt
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 small garlic clove, chopped
1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon water
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 (7-inch) pita loaves with pockets, split horizontally
1/2 lb. carrots, trimmed and cut into sticks
- In a food processor, purée chickpeas with yogurt, cilantro, garlic, lemon juice, water, and salt until smooth.
- Prepare grill for cooking, and when fire is hot, grill pitas on lightly oiled grill rack, just until golden, about one minute per side.
- Serve dip with carrot sticks and grilled pita.
Let your USA pride fly with these red, white and blue burgers that are sure to be a hit! Stuffed with red peppers and blue cheese, these are a great twist on the classic.
Start to finish: 30 minutes
2 pounds ground beef
1 large red bell pepper, diced
2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 (4 ounce) packages crumbled blue cheese
- Preheat outdoor grill to medium high heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground beef, red pepper, garlic, salt, and pepper. Portion into 16 thin patties. Place 1 ounce blue cheese in the center atop 8 of the patties. And top each with a remaining patty. Seal the sides together so the cheese doesn’t escape during cooking.
- Cook on the preheated grill until the burgers are cooked to your desired temperature. Serve on hamburger buns with your choice of toppings.
If you’re already grilling, you might as well throw some potatoes on as well. Combined with cooling ranch, these are the perfect side dish for your celebration.
Start to finish: 20 minutes
2 lb. baby potatoes, halved
1/4 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
Juice of 1/2 a lemon
1/2 packet ranch seasoning
Freshly ground black pepper
Ranch dressing, for drizzling
Chopped fresh chives, for garnish
- Toss potatoes with olive oil, lemon juice, and ranch seasoning in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Thread potatoes on skewers and grill over medium heat for about 15 minutes, until tender and lightly charred.
- Garnish with chives and ranch dressing.
These grilling favorites are sure to satisfy at your 4th of July barbecue, but if you don’t feel like cooking this year, a fun Independence Day celebration can be had at Isle Casino® Racing Pompano Park!We offer the rush of fast-paced casino gaming near the sandy beaches of Florida. If you get hungry while you’re here, we offer a wide selection of dining options to choose from. You can dine at the New York-style Myron’s Delicatessen®, go Italian at Bragozzo®, or stop by Farraddays® Steakhouse for fine dining that’s sure to please any discerning palate. However you choose to celebrate your 4th of July, we wish you a very happy Independence Day!